Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Animal Kingdom


Our last day on vacation we went to Animal Kingdom in Disney World. We only planned to spend half of the day there because we wanted to get to Hollywood Studios too.


Here we are at the Tree of Life. This is a huge tree right in the middle of the park. Of course we had to take a picture by it. My family was very nice to wait our turn while the man in front of us set up his tripod to take his picture.


After we left the tree our first stop was dino land.



There were lots of cool statues of dinosaurs all around like this one.




As we went around the corner we saw this beauty. Aladar. Some of you may not remember when Sophie was a little girl she LOVED dinosaurs. During this time the Disney movie Dinosaur, staring Aladar, came out. I bought Sophie a stuffed Aladar that she took everywhere. She would hold him upside down by the tail. She even slept with Aladar.
Needless to say I was sooo excited to see this statue of Aladar in front of a ride with all the characters from the movie.



The ride was really fun but a little scary. I didn't buy the picture taken of us while we were an the ride but I took a picture of the picture. Our family is in the first 2 rows. See if you can find Carson. He is the one hiding his face in the first row while I try to comfort him.


We liked the ride so much we decided to go again. I don't remember where Daniel and Logan went but they didn't go again. Poor Carson should have gone with Daniel. That's him with his head in my lap. Like I said the ride was kind of scary.



Next we met up with Laura's family to watch the Lion King Show. There wasn't enough room for our family to sit by Laura but Logan decided he could squeeze in. He really enjoyed Laura.



Adam and Carson were chosen to be in the show.



After lunch we headed over to Hollywood Studio's. Logan was getting a blister so we found the first aid station. We really lucked out because these 3 characters were hiding out by the first aid station.



While Daniel took Carson over to the Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Sophie, Adam and I went over to the Star Wars stuff.
I can't remember the name of this thing but it was another good photo opp.





Sophie and Adam with some kind of Star Wars mask.




We also went to the Raiders of the Lost Arc stunt show. We all enjoyed it.




Adam thought this would make a good Halloween Costume.


Time for a little break.





The kids all thought this umbrella was really fun. When you stood on the black square it started to rain. You can't really see the rain in the picture but it was going.




These stairs reminded me of Sesame Street. I just need to put Oscar The Grouches garbage can on the side and have Maria coming out of the door.


Try and remember I was hot and tired when you look at this picture.



Adam would like this doll for Christmas.




As we were getting ready to go it started pouring rain. Don't worry, I was prepared with these lovely ponchos.



Taking the tram to the car.



After a quick stop to Taco Bell we were on our was home.
Good bye Disney we will miss you.


2 comments:

  1. I certainly do remember the Aladar days---the movie and the stuffed animal! I really like the last picture in the car----and the rain ponchos and the family in front of the big tree. Guess I just like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have known the Tree of Life was located at Disney World. Yes to Adam's Halloween costume and Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete