Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Reason For The Season

Every year for 2 weekends in December Burnet, Texas puts on Bethlehem on Main Street. I have always heard this is wonderful and had good intentions of going but never have. Well this year our ward decided to go visit this instead of having a Christmas party. I loved the idea because it actually made me go.


Having never been before we had no idea what we were getting into. I guess everyone in Texas must come out to see this because the line to get in was an hour and a half. Yuck! Daniel was ready to turn around and go home after driving an hour to get there. We , I mean I decided we should stay because it was supposed to be wonderful.


Of course the kids played games on Daniels phone to pass the time.




Carson had about had it and was done standing in line. The kids wanted to know why they didn't have fast passes like Disney. Good question.



We finally made it.





Everyone inside is dressed in character and can only answer you in character.


The kids getting a little lesson on turning wool into thread. When this lady dropped her spool Logan picked it up and then told me he was so luck he got to pick that up for her. Why isn't he lucky when I need him to pick things up?
The kids all had fun with the hand cuffs or what ever they are called.


Sophie went for the chains instead.




Help!




This guard decided Logan looked like trouble. Maybe I should have one of these at home.




The well was a big hit because it was right next to the samples of hot bread out of the stone oven. It was really good.





Of course the camels were cool.



Sorry, no room at the Inn.




Up stairs in the Inn.




The Inn keeper said we could go in and warm up for a bit but then we would have to move along.



We finally made it to see baby Jesus. I know this is a really bad picture but Mary and Joseph really are back there.


I wish the pictures could show you how amazing all of Bethlehem really was. I am so glad we waited in line. If you haven't gone you really should go next year.


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great ward Christmas Party! Wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that place! So bummed we weren't able to go. The line thing sucks! We waited one year for over 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete