Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It Wouldn't Be Christmas With Out....

Lots of music. The boys both played lots of Christmas music they had learned but my favorite was when they would play it together.









A great puzzle. The only time our family ever does a puzzle is at Christmas. I think this is because once I start I can't stop. It's so hard to walk by and not stop and look for just one piece.




Making cookies with Grandma Bon. I don't really like baking and my mom is great at it. She actually made all kinds of cookies and brought them with her on the 14 hour drive to our house just so my kids could ice Christmas cookies. What a great mom.











Cooking with Grandma. Not only does she make cookies but she lets the kids cook with her. I need to be better about this but I am usually in too much of a hurry just to get dinner done. This time she made noodles with Logan.





A fun project. It wasn't hard to come up with a project this year. Since we have done so much to our house my dad had his choice of what he wanted to do. He and Daniel decided to finish the exercise room.


This was my dad invention to roll along and paint at the same time.


This is the update after his stool fell off the skateboard. The creeper worked much better and the skateboard was perfect for the can of paint. Genius!



Laying the new floor.






Playing a new game. Sophie got the game Gestures for Christmas and it turned out to be pretty fun. It's perfect for a family because every one gets a turn and it doesn't last very long.










A little one on one time. Logan is teaching my mom how to play all the fun games on my phone. There's nothing like having a 6 year old teach you how to use technology.


Lots of good movies. I think we watched a movie almost every night upstairs but this last night we found the Parent Trap on TV and couldn't pass it up.





Doing a little cleaning. My house always looks so much better after my mom comes. Daniel loves it when she comes just for this reason. I try and keep it just as clean after she leaves but I just can't do it. She is amazing and never seems to get tired. Look how happy she is.

Logan wouldn't have thought this was near as fun if I would have asked him to do it.

5 comments:

  1. That's so awesome your parents were able to come for a visit!!! Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect. I'm painting Kathleen's room today. I think we have a skateboard in the garage. I love the guesstures pictures. Dan is a genie, dad is bowling, Adam is a duck, and you are trying to pull up a strapless dress that is too small. And yes, mom is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more question. Were you standing on the counter to take that last picture of mom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK- Sondra comment just cracked me up! Thanks for sharing the cookies! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have taken that pic of Logan and during the part of the Parent Trap when Martin (the butler) comes out in his speedo. Shocking! I love Dad's painting invention. He's so clever. It is the best when Mom comes and does all that cooking and cleaning. Did she leave you a list to work on of tasks that she was not able to complete during her visit? I actually kinda like it when she does that. I always do it. I miss being together at Christmas. I think we should plan a huge family Christmas for 2 years from now. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete