I was asked to go to girls camp this year as a second year leader. I wasn't to sure I wanted to go because I am not really a camper and I don't enjoy sleeping in a tent in the heat. But because I was Sophie's leader and I want camp to be great for her of course I said yes. There were a few rough spots but over all I had a great time and would go again next year if they wanted me.
I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was just to hot to care. Here are some of the highlight anyway.
1. The pouring rain on Thursday. Not just any rain but a huge storm. This meant a whole afternoon hanging out in the dining hall air conditioning.
2. My tent after the storm. No need to go to the pool we had our own in our tent and on my bed.
3. Tortillas. You better like them because we had chicken wraps, chicken tacos, regular tacos, and breakfast tacos. That's right if you can put it in a tortilla we had it.
4.Our cute crafts. I lived for theses because they were in the dining hall where it was air conditioned.
5. The girls pounding on the tables at every meal. I know they love the songs with the pounding and clapping but please stop.
6. The Sonic runs. I have never loved a large Diet Coke with lots of ice so much.
7. No cold water. Can you think of anything more refreshing on a hot day than a hot shower in a small cement room with no ventilation?
7. No cold water. Can you think of anything more refreshing on a hot day than a hot shower in a small cement room with no ventilation?
8. Our very cute decorations at our camp site. It wasn't a competition but we totally one. We had flowers at every girls tent with their name, paper lanterns hanging from our pavilion, christmas lights and our huge cool flag that all the girls signed.
I am sure there is more but I have blocked it all out. It's kind of like child birth. After it's over you can only remember the good stuff.
You are such an awesome Mama!!! Love the bug spray in the cup holder of your camp chair! Ahhh, Texas...
ReplyDeleteYou really are a good mom to spend a week camping in those conditions. Still better than the way it was when you were going as a kid.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of Sophie with the flower in her hair---so cute!
I had a great time last year, but WOW, I was happy to get home.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, girls camp should be the day after school lets out.....maybe it wouldn't be so miserably hot!
ReplyDelete