November 8Th was Daniel's birthday which means our family went camping. We have done this for his birthday for as long as I can remember. This year it was pretty cold but we made it through.
Logan staying warm by the fire.

Can you believe I forgot marshmallows! I did remember the Jiffy Pop. Have you ever tried to pop this over a fire? It's actually pretty hard but Daniel is really good at it.

Yumm, popcorn.

Look at that roaring fire.

Logan enjoying some more corn.

Later Adam entertained us with his dance moves. If you have never seen him dance it is a real treat. He doesn't need any music, he will just bust out the moves.

The next morning I brought everything to make pancakes except extra propane for our camp stove. No problem for Daniel, he just cooked them over the fire.

Why does everything taste better over a fire?

Sophie eating her hot pancake.

Logan wanted to cook something over the fire too so he found a prickly pear and decided to roast it.

He told us it was really good but I noticed he didn't really eat any of it.

Carson and Logan went off to see if they could find anything else they could cook.

I was just trying to get a nice picture of Adam.

The boys found more prickly pears. They didn't roast these.

Another camping trip over for the year. Thanks for a great tradition Daniel.
I love that you have that tradition! I hope you are still doing it when Dan is 90 and all of your grandkids come too. These pictures make me miss camping with my kids. And I really think you need to post a video of Adam and his dance moves.
ReplyDelete