Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day


Through the years my dad has given a lot of good advice which has mostly come while we were on the golf course. I have 2 favorites that have stuck with me through the years. Of course the first is, stay loose and keep your eye on the ball. This started off strictly applying to my golf game. I would get all worked up about hitting my ball as far as I could and then wanting to look up to see where it was going to go. Because of this my dad would say just stay loose and keep your eye on the ball I will tell you where it goes. As life went on we found there were many occasions this would work for. If you don't get all worked up about things and just focus on your main task at hand it all seems to work out. Keep this bit of advice in mind and feel free to use our phrase any time you would like. It really comes in handy.
My other favorite isn't so much advice as it is just something fun to say. Weenie Arm! Again this was introduce to me on the golf course when I was on the putting green. Sometimes I would get a little nervous about putting too far and not hit the ball enough. When this would happen dad would yell out "weenie arm" and I knew just what he meant. This is another phrase that is fun to use any time. Try working it into conversation, your friends will love it.
Like I said these are just 2 of my favorites but there are so many more. I loved all the time I was able to spend with my dad on the golf course. It was just the 2 of us and no one had a cell phone so we did a lot of talking to each other. I will always remember those times as the best gift my dad could have ever given me. I love you dad! Happy Fathers Day.

2 comments:

  1. oh gramps.. i ought to go golf with him sometime, maybe he can offer advice on life's trials.

    ReplyDelete