When Daniel came home from work I showed him my hand and told him the story. I didn't really get any sympathy because there was nothing to show. It wasn't black and blue and it wasn't swollen. Dang. I did have a small knot on the side, but he didn't want to feel it.
So for the last month when the kids hold that hand or I accidentally hit it on something it still really hurts. I still am not getting any sympathy from my family, they just think I am a big baby.
Yesterday I took Sophie to the doctor for her school checkup and decided to ask the doctor about my hand. I am so glad I did because guess what. It was BROKEN! That's right, I broke my hand. I was so excited when she told me this because 1. I am not a big baby, I really was hurt and 2. this is the first bone I have ever broken.
She also said I will always have the knot on the side of my hand so next time you see me I will let you touch it and give me sympathy.
do you have to wear a little brace or anything?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I knew you were a tough cookie before but whoa Momma! I will feel your knot anytime. In fact, I can't wait! :)
ReplyDeleteAHHHHH- If you would have come over, I could have put a "wet paper towel" on it!
ReplyDeleteYou poor darling! I hate when i get hurt with no physical evidence...people show no love!
ReplyDeleteseriously?? crazy. so sorry! steve broke his wrist snowboarding and never got it checked out until a year later...totally broken and healed back (not correctly!) if he wants to fix it, they would have to go in an break everything and screw it all together. he decided it just wasn't worth it. i hope that yours starts to feel better!
ReplyDeletebtw--so excited about your blog! i just heard about it :)
poor thing. i hope you get to wear a brace like i did. it makes you look like a ninja... or a bowler.
ReplyDeleteI totally feel for you. I tripped over a wooden skewer that was dropped in the yard after we had shish-ka-bobs and it hurt my toe so bad, but I felt like I couldn't go on about it because there wasn't really much evidence except a little poke hole next to my toenail. It hurt and hurt and hurt and then it got infected and pus came out of it and then it was fine. Then one day what looked like a scab appeared next to my toenail, but it was hard. I had Dario pull on it because it wouldn't budge for me, and he pulled out a quarter inch long piece of the skewer that had been wedged so far up into my toe it wasn't visible when it happened. Man I felt vindicated.
ReplyDeleteRemember when the Grizzells were moving and she told me her hand and arm hurt real bad and I told her to stop being so dramatic and then I gave her box after box to carry then the next morning we found out her wrist was completely broken? (That was a good sentence) Anyway, I guess she isn't a baby either...but she did cry a lot. Then again, she was only 7. I'm a super good mom.
ReplyDeleteYou knew that comment was about Lexie, right. I forgot to put that but I had a very clear picture of her crying and carrying boxes as I typed so I assumed you did too. Sorry about your hand. You are brave.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite comment is Alison's. That wet paper towel is definitely a cure-all! Alison, you crack me up!
ReplyDeleteDang! I hate when no one gives me sympathy. But I am really glad that Sheyenne used both the words "puss" and "scab" in her comment.
ReplyDeleteWhat?! You didn't call and tell me right away!
ReplyDeleteMothers give the best sympathy and I always want to know when one of my daughters is in pain. Next time----call. Well, I hope there is no next time.
Here you have a friend with a perfectly good brand new nursing degree and you didn't consult with me? :) I do hope it feels better soon, and yes, I will deffinatley feel the bump on your hand the next time I see you.
ReplyDelete