Monday, November 2, 2009

The Happiest Place On Earth

After a full week of fun we finally made it to Disneyland. We were loaded down with snacks, water and a strict schedule Melanee had planed out for us. She downloaded a program called Ride Max that plans exactly when you should ride each ride and gives little insider tips on shortcuts and the best place to stand for the parade. We got there at 8:30 to get in line for the park to open at 9:00.

Waiting for the bus to come and take us to the land of happiness.

This is outside the gate in between Disney and California Adventure. It was even fun to wait for the gates to open. None of us could stop smiling.


We finally made it in and this was the first thing we saw. The kids didn't really want to stop for a picture but I knew if we didn't I would get one later and you know how I love a good picture opportunity.




Our first ride was the Haunted Manson. It was all decorated for Halloween with the characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas. The kids LOVED this ride.



Next we were off to a roller coaster I can't remember the name of. Carson and Maggie decided to ride together. Carson said he didn't feel so good when he got off but everyone else that it was great.





Carson and Simon on the Winnie The Poo ride. I think we might pass on this one next time.




It did have a great place for a picture though. Pretty cute.





Carson, Kate and I took a little side trip to Tarzan's tree house while the others waited in line.




Can you go to Disney with out getting a picture in front of the castle?




Can you tell they were getting a little sick of me taking pictures?





I think this was waiting in line for Buzz Lightyear.





Back to being sick of pictures.






In line again. Although we never had to wait very long.
Carson tried to carry Kate because she was so tried but it didn't last very long.



We finally took a break to stop and watch the parade. I was amazed how long the dancers could keep the huge smile on there face.


All the kids got to join in the fun at the end.






Heading home at the end of day one. We were all really tired but so excited to come back the next day for more fun.





4 comments:

  1. at first glance that picture of your family in front of the castle looks like you have mickey mouse ears on. i had to click on it to get the bigger picture to realize it was just the tree and your glasses!

    looks like y'all had a wonderful time. i can't wait to get back there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures. You have good kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Carson has his arms around his brothers in the family picture. He is going to be just like you when he is a Dad....picture obsessed! So cute

    ReplyDelete