Tuesday, October 27, 2009

La Jolla Seals

I read in a book in our hotel that La Jolla had a seal beach. I thought the kids would love this so Sunday afternoon we went to check it out. Just like the book said there were lots of seals.

Sophie loved it. And even though you can't really tell in this picture the seals were really very close. The only down fall was the closer you got to the water the more it smelled like pee. It was pretty gross.



The little boys didn't really care about the seals they just wanted to play in the sand.


So we decided to go down the street to a different beach that didn't stink. No one had there suits so we were just going to stay on the edge.



The water was REALLY cold espically for Texans.




Are you suprised the stay on the edge thing didn't work?





Espically with Logan. He had a great time.




He even got his cousin Simon to come in with him.



Adam and Simon tried to make a sand castle.




It was a little too close to the water.





Daniel was happy just hanging out in the sand.





So was Carson.





Logan was so wet and sandy by the end we took all his clothes off and used his coat for a skirt. You can see his red shirt hanging on the bush behind him. We all had a really good time but decided it would have been better with swim suits.


3 comments:

  1. Logan looks like he's ready for anything in his jacket skirt. i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like Adam's bare chest! I think there might be a hair there somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of taking your kids to the beach fully clothed and then telling them to just stay on the edge. I can't believe that didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete