It's that special time of year again I love so much. Time to pick your horses! Here is the link for your convenience. http://kentuckyderby.com I will review the rules for those of you who have forgotten. Everyone must pick a horse. If you are from the original Clugston clan or a husband of an original you my not pick the same horse. If you are a child of an original Clugston or spouse of a child you may pick the same horse as someone else. I do think it is best to pick a horse that no one in your immediate family has chosen. That just helps build rivalry and really that's what this is all about. The picking may begin no earlier than Friday morning by way of my email or my home phone. I will compose a list and send it out so you know the winner. Well, we all know that will be me so really the list will be the order of the losers.
As for the winner, I will dedicate a post on this very blog just to you. I know that seems like too much but I am feeling very generous this year. Start looking at the horses, you could be on my blog in just a few short days.
Trit Trot! The Derby Queen
Allright. I have my choices, but I will wait until Friday morning to send them your way.
ReplyDeleteIll start sending over some great pictures for my winning post!
Dear Derby Queen,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your comprehensive description of the Derby rules but I find I must question one thing. Are you certain that Clugston clan grandchildren and spouses of said grandchildren are allowed to duplicate choices? Since there are only 23 people particapating (in total) I think the rule should be that those 18 and over must not duplicate a choice. There are 15 family members over 18. What do you think?
I think there are 17 family members over 18.
ReplyDeleteNeill
Bonnye
Chuck
Mindy
Chelsea
Burke
Mallory
Ken
Lexie
Sondra
Wendell
Matt
Kat
Ryan
Kathleen
Nancy
Dan
I agree though...
Ok, some of us (like me and ken) are very serious about our choice of horse. We want to know when the absolute soonest we can send our choice in is. I mean is midnight on Thursday legitimate? And if it is...what time zone are we using?
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you hold the same love in your heart for the derby as me. You must send in you choice friday morning starting at 7am my time which I believe is 6am your time and 8am your mothers time. I may give our Hawaii relatives a break. I am still thinking about that one.
ReplyDeleteD.Q.