Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pioneer Day

Last Saturday our ward celebrated Pioneer Day. I have to say I was not excited to go at all. Our building is kind of far away and it was really hot outside. Out of guilt and my children wanting to go I took them. To my pleasant surprise to turned out to be a really fun activity.


It started with a pancake breakfast. The boys loved them because we put on lots of whipped cream.

Then we were off to the different stations and activities that were set up. Our first one was vest making.

This is Carsons vest. It has some kind of lizard with bugs flying around.



Logan went to the butter making next. He got some cream in a jar and shook it until it turned to butter. I had to throw it out when we got home. It looked pretty sick from the heat.


More vest decorating with stamps made from potatoes.





Cow milking. I was told Carson was a natural. He caught on very fast. Maybe it's in his blood from Grandma Bon.




Logan had a little more trouble.





Carson gave him a few pointers.



This was Carsons favorite station. He gave rides across the prairie to the little kids.





Last was the corn husk dolls. I actually enjoyed this one and the dolls turned out really good.






Happy Pioneer Day!

5 comments:

  1. Those are the greatest pictures! And what a good pioneer day activity. But I can tell it was pretty hot. Love the boys hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're such a good mom. I remember making butter like that, except i shook mine so hard the top came off and butter and cream went flying everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the second picture. Carson is working hard on that vest and Logan is thinking about it while sort of making fish lips. I am also glad that you have discovered your hidden talent for making cornhusk dolls. It looks like a fun activity. Where was the rest of your family?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to say this....but, I'm glad I was out of town...even though it was better than you expected (tee hee)!

    ReplyDelete