Friday, September 4, 2009

Change Is Good

Daniel and I moved into this house 10 years ago. That first year Dan started drawing up plans to change and add to the house. I thought he was crazy. We only had 2 kids and the house felt huge. His plans reminded me of when I lived with my mom and dad and my dad would stake out a pool every summer. For awhile my sisters and I would get excited until many summers later we realized we would never really get a pool.
Well, unlike the pool Dan said this was the summer we were really going to start the addition. I didn't believe him until the workers showed up and started cutting up our deck. I am so excited.

This kitchen and game room upstairs are going to be bumped out.


Sophie is not happy about this at all. She HATES change.



Carson on the other hand is very excited. By the way those are his new flippers he has on not some kind of crazy corrective shoe.


We are also adding to my bathroom and closet. Yea!





The boys love playing in frame. Right now it is the jail. Who knows what they will come up with tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. This is very exciting and I really look forward to watching the progress in your blog.
    Keep the pictures coming!
    I understand how Sophie feels - change is hard - especially when you're happy with the status quo. She'll love it in the end though.
    Hang in there with the noise and dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so nice. I really want to come and see you. I love flippers. It's good you explained about not being corrective - his pose and facial expression could promote that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind. I take that back about the facial expression. I just enlarged the picture and he looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow! that is going to be awesome. totally jealous about the addition. i so could use more space right now!! maybe i could ship off one of my kids to your house...maybe gabe?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited...I plan on using the workout room...(can I use the fancy shower when I'm done?)-good thing there will be a back door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you guys too! I can't wait to see it all finished! Way to go Dan!!!

    ReplyDelete